If you are a gamer, then there’s good news for you. Dying Light is soon to make its comeback with the second season of the game. Though the trailer has been out on YouTube since June 10, 2018, the game is yet to be released. Techland has affirmed that the second season will be released on both PS5 and XBOX Series X.
What is there in the new game?
Beginning 15 years after the first part, Dying Light 2 is an open-world action role-playing game, where the players play in the first person. The second part brings with it many new features along with old ones and a new hero, Aiden Caldwell. Like the first one, the second part is also a four-player cooperative multiplayer.
The new game is mainly melee-based and has melee weapons to cover its action sequences. There’s a catch in using these melee weapons, i.e., the weapons have limited lifetime and degrade with longer usage.
During the game, the players meet different factions and settlements and have to make some decisions that will determine the upcoming course of action in the game. The player’s decision will also affect the non-playable character’s view of Aiden in the game.
New features of the game
Some of the new features that make the game more interesting are:
- Players can perform actions such as climbing ledges, sliding, leaping off from edges, and wall running to quickly navigate the city.
- New parkour moves have been made available to particular areas of the city for smooth traversing of the same.
- New tools have been added, such as a grappling hook and a paraglider for smoother traversal.
- Aiden has superhuman skills that he has gained due to his infection.
- New zombies have also been added to the game, though their characteristics resemble the ones in the first part. They slow down in daylight and become aggressive during the night.
- The new game has a bigger map than its predecessor, making navigation easy.
Release Date and Trailer
There is no news on the release date of the game yet, but it is anticipated to hit the gaming world in the coming spring.
You can check out the trailer right here!!